Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Cyber Fyber Monday




Well, now I'm truly inspired. How cool is this video! (thank you Equadore 1's channel http://www.youtube.com/user/equadore1) Her skill and speed are amazing. I'm on my journey to learn about not using animal products in the yarns I produce. I won't say the start has been easy... but definitely worthwhile!

As a lifelong fiber enthusiast it is quite a challenge to make the choice to not use animal fibers in my spinning, knitting, crochet etc. etc. I'll always admire all textiles using different types of fiber, but I want to pursue learning about using plant base and synthetic fibers in my spinning and handcrafted projects. Share with me how you use plant based or synthetic yarns in your projects.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on setting up your blog...should be interesting. This video makes the spinning look so easy...HA! Will you be using plants to dye your yarn?

    ReplyDelete