Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Bad Girl Stash

Cyber Fyber Monday


Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved

I'm here to confess that I have a huge stash of spinning fiber and yarn. And when I say huge I mean huge. I use to have an online yarn store and when I closed shop I was left with the inventory. So what's the problem you say? I'm set for years to come. How about that all the yarn and fibers I own are animal based! Silk, wool, alpaca etc. etc. etc. I had this store before I became Vegan. Oops!

So now I have loads of yarn and fibers that need to find a better home. Now this is something I feel supremely guilty over. This yarn had been in storage inside my condo for quite some time. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with all since there was so much. I did give some away. I thought about selling some on Ebay, but was a little overwhelmed by the thought of trying to sell it all online again. Well, I read an article on mulesing and became so enraged that I packed all that yarn and fiber into very large garbage bags and threw it in the dumpster! We're talking about 12 bags of yarn and fiber. I felt intense relief...

But then came the next day. I started to panic! I thought to myself what was I thinking! I could sell all that yarn and fiber and give the money to charity. IDIOT! So early in the morning I promptly went to the dumpster and was able to rescure 8 of the 12 gargbage bags. I wound up stuffing the fiber in my car and in my condo. Where it still sits because I haven't gotten off my backside to sell it on Ebay...

Am I ashamed that I haven't done anything about the yarn and fiber? Yes. But it doesn't matter how I feel unless I do something about it! What did you do with your stash of animal fibers and yarns once you became Vegan?

Peace, Vegan Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment