Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Notes on a Change...

Noteworthy Saturday

Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved 
Well that's a pretty heavy title for a book! Seriously, no pun intended! As some of you may know, Noteworthy Saturday is about appreciating the written word. Whether crafted in a scrapbook, simple journal, reading a good book, or writing a novel.

I had heard about Victoria Moran from a podcast I listen to called Vegan and the Living is Easy-- Check them out on iTunes. Ginger and Marion are lively hosts that focus on all aspects of Veganism. Victoria has been on their podcast twice and she's always an interesting guest. She is an author, speaker and Vegan. Also I think she's a Christian.

There are several books she's written that caught my eye. Apparently her book Living a Charmed Life is quite popular. I guess that will be next on my list! I saw this book Fat, Broke and Lonely No More! on Amazon.com and was intrigued by the cover and the title. Plus buying it used made it super cheap!

I just started to read the book and so far I like what she's saying. She's discussing being a victim to the media/societal pressures to be something we're not. She basically asks the question "What do you want for yourself?"  She asks us to address the emptiness in our lives. The emptiness that makes thin or rich people want to avoid becoming fat and broke. The emptiness that makes fat or broke people strive to be rich and thin. Not to mention loneliness. The "world" sees a person as abnormal if their life is not like the sitcom Friends. Meaning that they are surrounded by groups of friends most days of the week. We pressure ourselves to be perfect in the world's eyes, but overlook our needs and capabilities.

More to come as I continue to read this book!

Peace, Vegan Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment