Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Well Hello Kitty!

Vegan Living Thursday
Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved

I hear quite a few philosophies on what to feed your pet. We craft our pet's lives through our dedication to veganism. We are inspired to do no harm by providing the best care possible for their well-being. I decided to start a short series on what to feed your pets. And no, I'm no expert in this area, I just want to be more informed. 

People ask me, "So do you feed your pets a vegan diet?"  My response is, " When I see cats and dogs in the wild foraging for tofu and kale, then I will feed my pets a vegan diet!"

Of course after my statement I hear the "Oh, but your supporting the terrible meat industry. Aren't you being a hypocrite?" My response is, "Everytime we drive our cars and use computers etc. etc. etc. we support industries that use animal parts." Vegans are not perfect (was there ever any doubt!) and no we cannot avoid not harming all living things 100%of  the time. But I am purposely inspired to avoid as many animal products as possible.

As I continue to research I will present various options on pet diets. I'll start with kitties. This may offend some, but I will ask you not to feed your cat a vegan diet. They cannot live successfully on a plant-based diet. Yet, with that being said, I question some of the pet nutrionists who say that plant-base protein is a poor quality in comparison to animal flesh. Afterall, I'm a vegan and I'm certainly not wasting away! But, I am excited to learn more and share my findings with you. 

Peace, Vegan Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment