Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Noteworthy Saturday

For the Love of Writing...

                                                      
Copyright ©2012 all rights reseved


As some of you may know, I’ve written my very first novel. Yay! I’m now in the process of finding an agent. My cozy mystery is about a character Natalie D’Aunay, a museum educator at the International Costume and Textile Institute who is taken on a whirlwind ride where fashion and deception collide.


Writing a book has been a very long process for me. I started this book several years ago. I had written about 64 pages when I lost my museum job due to re-structure. Well, I was busy searching for employment and put this book on the shelf for nearly four years!

When my life was more settled, I felt a great desire to complete this book. So I finished my story in about five months. I went on to editing and now I’m trying to find an agent. I will confess that this has been the not-so-fun process of writing. LOL!

I’ve had my ups and downs. Weeks had gone by and I’d had writers block and lack of direction. This is all so new to me, but I've always felt a joy with writing. Writers say writing can be cathartic. They are right! I love learning how to create characters, design plots, and understand the process of writing. In this book I get to talk about my love of textiles, the complexities of human relationships, and I made the main character a vegetarian. Of course! I also discovered that my grammar skills are terrible! But, again it’s about the journey. Please share any with me your thoughts on the writing and publishing industry. Wish me luck!

Peace, Vegan Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment