Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Something New...

Cyber Fyber Monday

Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved

I got a great idea from a blog I like to visit called Pink Paper Peppermints.(http://kindawonderful.typepad.com/) The host says that she is working on a project of crocheting a granny square every week. I thought what a brilliant way to stay inspired! The mind stays fresh working with a new design and several possible colorways.

I will confess, despite my years of knitting, crocheting and weaving, I'm not even intermediate in my skills in any of those artistic areas! Tsk, Tsk! I prefer to spin beautiful yarns and then stare at them in a basket and hope the cats don't see the yarn as dinner! LOL! I suppose I have a bit of difficulty committing to project like knitting a sweater. I usually make things like scarves, hats and socks. I like to work with color and texture over pattern. Hense, the love of creating unique handspun yarns.

But... As you may already know, I'm in the process of changing how I look at fiberarts. Giving up animal fiber was a big deal because I will now craft yarn with primarily plant-based fibers. A fascinating and yet overwhelming thought! But I'm excited to learn something new.

So, I decided to challenge my skills in knitting and crochet for now. I decided to create a sample a week by looking at various patterns.  Here is the start of my first pattern. It is a steep diagonal knit stitch. I decided to use inexpensive acrylic yarn because it is cost effective and can hold a stitch firmly. I can't wait to show you the finished sample!

Peace, Vegan Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment